Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Feathered Friends

So this is the little rooster.
He's not so shy now. He's not acting like a parrot either though. Fine by me. The geese and the new chickens seem to have called a truce.
They're sharing the space ammicably now.
I am wondering about their previous perches though. I don't remember seeing any when we picked them up. There was an old bench in the middle of their room. Our perch is an old mattress frame leaning against the wall.  The new ladies don't seem interested in hopping up on the higher levels.
They're also sticking to the lower nest boxes.  Their old home had the nest boxes on the floor. 

I have seven eggs saved for the incubator so far.  From what I've read, I should start incubating within 2 weeks, so I will get to eat some soon!  Save for two weeks, eat for two weeks, save for two weeks...  I'm looking forward to my first hatch as much as my first breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment