Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Companion Planting; Tomatoes, Peppers, Cucumbers

Another look at Greenhouse #3 and companion planting.  Since I'll be putting beets in with the brassicas, I thought I should see what else I can squeeze in with the tomatoes and peppers.  So- why did I have beets in with them to begin with?  Oh, right- for the cukes...

I remapped and planned.  I'll be squeezing in bunches of companions at the base of the cucumbers this year.

I can't walk there anyway, because the cucumbers sprawl at the bottom.  Just a couple of peas beside the cucumbers.  That should be interesting, to see how my cold weather peas fare in the greenhouse.

Peppers and beans?  I don't remember reading that before.  That might be a good place to grow the dry beans...  For this year, probably just a few green beans to see how the peppers like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment